Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Keep Calm and Craft On





I'm so excited to finally be posting with Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Craft On! Check out her link up for other crafty goodness! This week I don't have any finished items to show off...but those top two are very close to finished...they are blocked and drying now and I'll share some finished photos next week. The bottom photo is of a lovely yarn that is destined for Nomi's first birthday gift. I hadn't planned on knitting him anything because it's already pretty warm here in Virginia, but I started thinking maybe a little shirt would be just the thing. I'm going to be knitting the Baby Shell pattern by Carey Huffman...with his dark brown eyes and dandelion fluff hair...I think it will be perfect. I have two weeks to work on it, but part of that time will be dedicated to some crafting (it's not last minute because I still have two full days *wink*) for Miss Jenny's birthday. It's getting tricky to work on surprises for her because she is ALWAYS around. I think I've out smarted her this time by setting up a little play time with her cousins. Simple plans this year, just a special outfit for her big day, and I hope I will finally be able to start that birthday crown tradition! How is she six years old? I had grand plans to work on her new doll as a surprise, but the lack of secret project time just didn't let that happen. I need to get busy with this list if it's going to happen...with the kick off of birthday season you can be expecting a lot of projects in the next few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog :) As your shawl is blocking, you should definitely join our Stripe Study KAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she has fun with the cousins! You'll get it done in time, I'm sure :) xoxo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 3rd birthday coming up and was thinking of making a crown - I know what you mean about lack of secret project time, it does make it very difficult to make anything that's a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed you from Frontier Dreams. My little one jst turned 2, so I can still sneak a bit of surprise crafting in with her nearby... but not for long.

    Here is my most recent project: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. ~Mackenzie