Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

 {Homemade Almond Milk Anyone?}

 We are quite happy with the results...in a pinch I've even used it as a substitute for my beloved cream in my coffee...certainly not the same as cream but infinitely better than black coffee! For baking and smoothies however I can't tell a difference. 
 With the resulting almond meal we have been making allot of  "scones", a little honey butter and oh. my. goodness... if anyone is interested I would be happy to share a how-to! 

A recent snap shot of my kitchen...tidy before, chaos in the middle, tidy after...that's just how we roll. 
{Those are gf-banana-oat-pecan-cinnamon chip cookies if you'd like to know}

It's quite rainy here on this last day of February...how did that happen?? I am really looking forward to March...after so many days spent on that tummy bug I'm looking forward to "restarting" our Lenten plans...stomach bugs do rather have a way of throwing any sort of plans into absolute disarray. Tomorrow I have a date with a hot drink and a table at the local coffee shop so that I can finish writing up our schedules and chore lists and menus and other such overwhelming wonderful things. These kiddos need some structure and some rhythm and a whole lot of some responsibility...to say nothing of my needs along the same lines... What is that thing they say about what bothers you most in other people is what bothers you most about yourself? Yeah...I don't know what they're talking about either...


2 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm so amazed by you. Everything in this post sounds delicious!! Good luck with you routine planning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I was just thinking about structure and chore needs with my crazy kiddos last night ;)

    P.s. Thank you for that e-mail - very helpful! More later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. ~Mackenzie