Friday, December 17, 2010

Knitting Update part 3

In an effort to get slightly caught up before the swarm of Christmas gifts I will be sharing over the next weeks, I wanted to put up a few more knits that have been off of the needles for a while! First is Miss Jenny again, (really, I do knit for Anthony too, it's just harder to get pictures of him wearing it!!) in a modified version of the adorable Pebble Vest.
I used Lamb's Pride worsted in "Tormented Teal" and it was really nice to work with, after allot of wear it needs a shave/sweater stone to clean up some pilling but I don't mind that, and she LOVES the color! For notes on how I changed the pattern to make it fit my size 6 wearing girl, HERE is the Ravelry link. (BTW the fantastic skirt is made from the Oliver & S Lazy Days Skirt pattern!)

Then to prove that I really do knit for Bobby, here is his winter hat. ;) I made it out of Malabrigo worsted held double. The green is "Olive" and the blue/green multi is "Nostalgia". The pattern is the lovely "Thorpe" (rav link), and although it was kind of a pain to get started up at the top, it turned out just fine and over all was very fun to make. It's big on him now, so we should get a few years out of it, which is always nice! For my notes, it's HERE on Ravelry.

I hope you are all enjoying this Advent season, I can't believe that Christmas is a week away! I will be spending the weekend with my coffee and a huge sewing list, but I think I can still get everything done in time...ah the things we tell ourselves! ;) Happy last minute sewing/crafting/wrapping/decorating etc!!

~Tilly

1 comment:

  1. Both of these hats are gorgeous and I think I need to give the Pebble vest a go as well. I have made lots of Milos, and need a change!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. ~Mackenzie